Thursday, June 11, 2009

Crocheting with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome


I was diagnosed with a mild case of carpal tunnel syndrome close to 20 years ago. I was crushed, as I LOVE to crochet and have been crocheting since I was 8 years old way back in 1973 when my best friend taught me during recess in the 3rd grade.

I quit crocheting, wore a brace, and changed jobs. But I missed crocheting so much and tried to get back into it. Glucosamine helps a lot! So does wearing the brace like I'm supposed to and a hot wax bath, like the one here.

Now my hands hardly every hurt, but I still had a problem with smaller hooks. So I made my own. I just took a hook, put it inside a sponge, wrapped it with non-stick drawer liner like the one here (by the way I did get my liner and my sponge at the Dollar Tree, love that place), and wrapped thread around to secure. It's working great!

No comments: